Mergers, and buying or selling a business can be a complex undertaking for vendors and purchasers. This area of the law coordinates various expertise such as business valuation, tax, marketing and business advisory experts.
Some of the services provided by firms specializing in this area are:
- Identifying potential targets
for a buy or sell;
- Contacting targets on your
- Preparing information memorandums
for presentation to potential buyers;
- Arranging for a valuation
of the business by profession business valuators;
- Negotiating the actual "buy"
or "sell" transaction;
- Due diligence on behalf
of a purchaser;
- Preparing a seller for the
due diligence process conducted by a potential buyer;
- Arranging financing, and/or
share structure for the purchase;
- Reviewing the tax implications
of a sale;
- Structuring and tax issues related to a business purchase.